Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Whaddaya Want?

AP Lit. Recently (starting last year) lit has become increasingly appealing to me.  The different layers of meaning are interesting in themselves, and its really cool when everything falls into place and "I get it!"  AP Lit is all about those kinds of experiences.  The unique thing is that all literature can be interpreted differently, and the process and reasoning behind any conclusion give it "correctness" so everyone can go home at the end of the day feeling at peace. Basically, I want to learn and discover new things about the world and the people in it through AP Lit.  As much as things are different, lots of things seem to be the same across works; making the connections between pieces themselves is also something that gives meaning to my literature studies.  Reading does factor into the process and the more one has to work with the better the final product will be.  I'm not the fastest reader because I like to pay attention to details and those subtler things, so hopefully I will be able to get through it all.  It will help come May to have a good foundation of reading beneath me.

(Yeah, that's me-nbd)
Overall, its been a good class so far, and I expect good things to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment